HOW TO CHARGE FREON GAS FROM LIQUID SIDE.
- Refrigeration gas manifold with colored hoses;
- General mechanic tools with ratchet spanners;
- Freon gas cylinder with correct gas as per specification.
- A/C cooling system strainers and condensers were properly cleaned.
- No apparent leaks in the gas system noted. Most frequent source of gas leaks from sealed compressors is from suction and discharge packing.
Gas filling procedure:
- Connect yellow hose between Freon gas cylinder and gas manifold middle point;
- Connect red hose between gas manifold red side and filter/drier;
- Place gas cylinder on scales upside down and open valve on it;
- Purge the whole line with gas to evacuate the air.
- Close the valve after condenser (before filter/drier).
- Run the compressor until it automatically stop under LP switch;
- Check the level of gas through side glass at condenser.
- Open the valve at filter/dried and begin to fill the line with liquid Freon.
- Compressor may start and stop several times, here you should monitor LP and HP pressures and level of gas through side glass at condenser;
- Charge the system 2 kg of Freon at a time;
- Close the valve at filer/drier;
- Slowly open the valve after condenser, and keep compressor running for some time, monitor pressures and temperatures. Keep in mind preferable running conditions – apprx. 5 bar LP; 17 bar HP;
- Repeat steps 8 – 12 if necessary.
- Once the gas refrigerant was charged, disconnect all hosed and bring the system to normal setting.